Raven Solomon Enterprises is a growing global diversity, equity, and inclusion firm specializing in DEI education. We provide speaking, training, coaching, and strategic advisory services to organizations large and small across a myriad of industries. Our clients include such companies as Metlife, Southwest Airlines, L'Oreal, Hershey, and the American Society of Association Executives. Our mission is to make spaces more inclusive.
The Sales and Client Experience Manager will ensure customer satisfaction, engagement, and continued business by both developing and closing new business and managing current customer accounts. This individual will qualify and manage all inbound leads, facilitate discovery calls, and move leads forward in the sales process. The Sales and Client Experience Manager will maintain regular contact with customers and proactively provide a positive customer experience. This person will also outreach through various sources to build a qualified pipeline for new business.
This role requires the ability to work independently and as a team, exercising careful, informed judgment through critical thinking and creative decision-making. This person must be a self-starter, skilled relationship builder, analytical, a problem solver, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively. As a growing organization, RSE is looking for individuals who are positive, collaborative, adaptable, and passionate about the client experience with a focus on delivering excellence.
The Sales and Client Experience Manager is perfect for the individual who is committed to the agenda of diversity, equity, and inclusion in today’s workplace and desires to use their critical skills, experience, and knowledge to advance it. We are a small but mighty team doing BIG work. Here, your skills, experience, and know-how will genuinely be valued, empowered, and utilized for the BIG purpose of making spaces more inclusive.
- Promote company through outreach, lead generation, and appointment setting, generating new business and ensuring that current opportunities are maximized.
- Manage inbound leads through various channels. Build active and meaningful relationships with customers, working closely with stakeholders. Maintain customer information in the appropriate systems.
- Manage third-party relationships and industry contacts to solicit new speaking engagements and other opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and refine content that delivers value to our growing customer base.
- Perform other tasks or duties requested by management.
Lead Management: 30-40%*
- Own the lead management process end-to-end. Manage all activities related to the sale including follow-up. Responsible for deal-structuring, preparing proposals, contract negotiations, customer onboarding, and closing.
- Maintain sales pipeline and manage effective record keeping. Qualify leads, assess customer inquiries, needs, pain points, budget, and facilitate discovery calls. Partner with Administrative Coordinator in the development of proposals, contracts, and other required forms.
- Effectively manage all sales activities including closing deals. Negotiate with potential customers within company established guidelines.
- Generate, track, and report sales metrics (leads, sources, renewals, revenue, trends, etc.). Track and report on the sales pipeline while making recommendations and taking action to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Own data in CRM system ensuring accuracy and data integrity. Partner with Administrative Coordinator for sales support related activities. Collaborate with Content Manager to generate unique leads.
Customer Relationship Management: 30-40%*
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing customers. Identify revenue-growth and expansion selling opportunities.
- Build customer loyalty through post-engagement activities. Communicate with existing customers, and address questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- Identify ways to optimize customer engagement. Seek to enhance the customer experience by collaborating with leadership to make recommendations and improvements to the customer journey.
- Exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals. Track, and report on KPIs and sales metrics.
- Partner with the CFO to analyze trends, themes, and overall sales performance.
*This role may evolve over time.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communication, a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years experience in customer success, sales, account management, or related roles is required.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, and phone communication skills, as is the ability to collaborate with other teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to juggle multiple customers and initiatives simultaneously and effectively collaborate across internal teams while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent track record with meeting and exceeding sales metrics and company goals.
- Experience with CRM tools and Microsoft Office Suite.
- You are creative, resourceful, and accountable, and can adapt to rapidly changing priorities in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- You are organized and process-oriented, and enjoy uncovering opportunities to improve efficiency, both for yourself and customers.
- You are a self-starter and know how to find the optimal balance between speed, accuracy, and quality in the work you deliver.
- You have a coherent and effective communication & presentation style, but you’re not a robot. Your personality shines through!
- You listen well, ask the right questions, and know when more information is needed.
- Passion for customer service and diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- Superb communication skills (written, verbal and non-verbal)
- Organized, structured, and pays close attention to details
- Responsible, thorough decision-making
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Computer/Software Technology
- Bonus skills: systems thinking, small business or startup experience
Our vision at RSE is to be the trusted entity providing DEI transformation to organizations large and small, primarily through behavior change.
As our values capture, we exist to create transformation, not transactions. We work to see an organization, or an individual, evolve and grow enough to alter their environment, culture, or interactions.
We believe learning does not truly occur until the propensity for behavior change is present. Minds can change. Hearts can change. But if our behavior does not change, the experience of the marginalized communities within our reach will not either.
Our mission is simple—to make spaces more inclusive.
We say “make” because creating inclusion requires action and intentionality. No progress can be made without taking intentional action that enhances equity and inclusion. We make spaces more inclusive by providing learning that leads to behavior change.
We say “spaces” because we believe that people trained and equipped with the mindset, skillset, and toolset to be inclusive can exhibit the behavior that makes spaces more inclusive. We cannot make people inclusive; we can only equip people with the ability to behave in a way that makes spaces inclusive. Choosing those behaviors is a daily choice.
We say “more inclusive” because we understand that inclusion is not a destination but a journey. We must strive towards it every day through our actions and chosen behaviors. Our goal in our work is to move the needle with our clients, if but by one percent. We center efficacy in our work.
We make DEI accessible.
We make the complex clear, meet people where they are, and take them somewhere else. We believe that anyone willing can grow and change.
We deliver excellence - sustainably.
Quality > Quantity
Transformation > Transaction
Impact > Influence
We own and drive accountability.
We hold ourselves, stakeholders, & systems accountable.
We respect, celebrate, & include difference.
We set, respect, and enforce boundaries.
We prioritize integrity.
We do what we say we are going to do.
We are who we say we are.
We tell the truth, even when the truth is uncomfortable.