Global Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion thought-leader and Keynote Speaker Raven Solomon is in search of a new Business Manager to help manage, sell, and advance her growing speaking, training, and strategic advisory business. The ideal candidate for this role is a poised professional with previous sales and/or customer service experience, strong communication skills, a welcoming/engaging spirit, and a commitment to excellence.
This individual is a true self-starter who works well independently (without consistent supervision), can adapt in fast-paced, ever-changing environments, builds relationships seamlessly, and is extremely organized. She, he, or they are committed to the agenda of diversity, equity, and inclusion work in today’s workplace and cares about advancing it.
This position is part-time and has the potential to grow into a full-time position and/or lead to other opportunities within the growing company.
- Job responsibilities for this role largely include but are not limited to:
- Business Development
- Inbound and outbound sales calls
- Client Management
- Solution Proposal
- Manage Marketing Research Assistant
- Leading or Supporting Special Projects:
- Podcast (assist with Episode Planning and Guest Screening)
- Product Launches
- Previous Sales or Customer Service experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable with cold calling and communicating by phone
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and handle objections
- Experience leading projects
- Must be available at least three to four hours during standard work week, 8am to 5pm EST, M-F
- Must have laptop computer and moderate to strong computer skills
- Communication (verbal & written)
- Customer service
- Technology/Computer Skills
- Attention to details
- Familiarity with the speaking industry is a bonus
- Part-time between 10-20 hours per week, may fluctuate depending on workload
- Hours are flexible, but must be available at least three to four hours during standard workday, 8am to 5pm EST, M-F
- May occasionally require travel to speaking engagements when it is safe to travel
- $18 per hour
- Bonuses and/or commission available based on performance
*This role is new and may evolve over time.